Composite decks are more durable than wood and require less maintenance. Composite decks don’t require any annual sealing or staining to protect them from the weather elements. Wood decks can be sealed and stained every year. Composite decks are more durable than wood and require less maintenance. Composite decks can be cleaned with soapy water, while wood decks will need to be sealed and stained every year. Composite decks are safer for your family because they are less likely to warp and splinter than wooden decks. 2022 is the year for outdoor renovations. Composite decks are the best choice because they offer many benefits.
Composite decking Melbourne has many benefits, including its durability. These are just a few of the many reasons you should choose composite decking when building your deck.
1. Durability – Composite decks are known for their durability. Composite decks are made of hundreds of high-quality materials, which contribute to their strength and durability. Composite decks, when compared with other decking materials are strong enough to withstand heavy traffic, pets and furniture weights.
2. Low Maintenance – Composite decking is the best choice for those who want to do less work and have less fuss. Composite decking is made of plastic and does not absorb moisture like wood. This means that it doesn’t need to be sanded or stained. It’s also waterproof, which is a huge advantage if you plan to install it above a pool or near areas that receive heavy rains.
3. Splinter-Free- Composite decking is an excellent alternative to all-wood decking. These boards are made with small wood fibers that have been encapsulated in plastic. They won’t splinter, and they can be used without any special precautions. This is especially important if you have pets or children.
4. There is no insect damage- Composite decking can withstand the elements and look just like wood. It is less susceptible to insect damage than wood. Composite decking is one of the most effective ways to repel termites and other insects.
5. Affordable – While composite decking can be more costly due to rising lumber prices, it is still very affordable.
Lumber shortage – Why have lumber prices risen?
A combination of factors has led to the lumber shortage. These include increased demand and eventual depletion old-growth forests. Prices are unlikely to stabilize quickly without massive government intervention. This means that a homeowner might choose composite decks over a wood deck. Although the exact extent of the lumber shortage is not known, it is likely to continue through 2022. This is due to the fact that trees take years to grow and harvest, so it will take time for the current shortage to resolve itself. Composite decking is a good alternative to wood, but prices will likely remain high.
6. Aesthetics- Composite decking has high-definition wood grain patterns that make it look and feel more natural than ever. There are many decking colors to choose from, as well as a wide range of accessories such railings and gates that can be added to your deck, including pergolas, gates, pergolas, and other deck accessories.
Composite decking can be a great option for homeowners who desire the beauty and durability of wood but without the need to maintain it. Composite decking can also be recycled, making it an eco-friendly choice. Composite decking has so many advantages; it is no surprise that it is one of most sought-after decking materials.
The most used space in a home is the deck. Decks are where homeowners host guests, have dinner and watch their children play. Your deck will be the center of attention when you purchase a house with a backyard. It is important to have a deck built by an experienced person if you want it to last. This experience will ensure that your deck is built with care and will last for many years.
Woodworx Carpentry is proud to offer composite decking options. For more information about composite deck, contact us.